A friend of mine has a new MacBook (which I helped her select and purchase). She made the mistake of having a glass of water next to the MacBook, so of course you know what happened. Some water, not much, spilled into the keyboard. I advised her to disconnect power, remove the battery, let any water drain out, and then let it dry before trying to boot it. The question is how long to let it air out? 1 day? 2 days? a week? Until the school year is over? I see recommendations all over the map in the forums. She should wait "long enough," but while she waits she'll be worrying about whether or not it's going to work. I don't want to tell her to wait a long time if a day or two will do. Is it just a wild-guessing game, or do we know how long it takes water to thoroughly evaporate while the MacBook is intact (not disassembled)?