spilled water on macbook pro

atticus27

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
I had a bottle of water on my table and it spilled it on the keyboard on my macbook. I shut it off, turned it over, and wiped up the water. Everything works good still keyboard's still working, so is the backlighting on it.
My question is if I ever have something wrong w/ it and I take it to an apple store will I be screwed? do they have water damage sensors in the keyboard or will apple care cover any future problems w/ it?

mikey28

macrumors 6502
Aug 6, 2008
OMG!! The second video was horrifying to watch. Honestly I was stunned watching that guy pour water on his computer. I almost turned it off, cuz I didn't want to watch...

This is a good time to advocate for a keyboard cover. I have the moshi. While it will not protect against submersion, it will guard your keyboard from the occasional coffee spills. I am so glad that I have it, it's SO thin, and really easy to type with.

RexTraverse

macrumors 6502
Feb 10, 2008
OMG!! The second video was horrifying to watch. Honestly I was stunned watching that guy poor water on his computer. I almost turned it off, cuz I didn't want to watch...
To paraphrase the old IKEA commercial...

You feel bad for the MacBook Pro. That's because you're crazy. It has no feelings. And the replacement MacBook Pro will be much better.

:cool:

l.a.rossmann

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2009
Brooklyn
On the macbooks with excessive thermal paste the water would help dislodge some of the paste and it would move around the board, in time(about 3 months if moved and used a lot) causing it to fail completely.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.