spilled water on macbook pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by atticus27, Nov 20, 2009.

1. atticus27 macrumors regular

atticus27

I had a bottle of water on my table and it spilled it on the keyboard on my macbook. I shut it off, turned it over, and wiped up the water. Everything works good still keyboard's still working, so is the backlighting on it.
    My question is if I ever have something wrong w/ it and I take it to an apple store will I be screwed? do they have water damage sensors in the keyboard or will apple care cover any future problems w/ it?

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

depend where the water went in at.. They do have sensors inside.

3. ClassicII macrumors 6502

ClassicII

The older ones dont but the late 2008 models do they have the sensors under the keyboard.

Take a look here..

And for a good laugh look here..

4. mikey28 macrumors 6502

OMG!! The second video was horrifying to watch. Honestly I was stunned watching that guy pour water on his computer. I almost turned it off, cuz I didn't want to watch...

This is a good time to advocate for a keyboard cover. I have the moshi. While it will not protect against submersion, it will guard your keyboard from the occasional coffee spills. I am so glad that I have it, it's SO thin, and really easy to type with.

5. RexTraverse macrumors 6502

To paraphrase the old IKEA commercial...

You feel bad for the MacBook Pro. That's because you're crazy. It has no feelings. And the replacement MacBook Pro will be much better.

:cool:

6. ARF900 macrumors 65816

ARF900

7. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

On the macbooks with excessive thermal paste the water would help dislodge some of the paste and it would move around the board, in time(about 3 months if moved and used a lot) causing it to fail completely.