Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook' started by baffling, Feb 23, 2010.
I have spilled water on my macbook and it is not starting now... Please help
Don't try to start it. Remove the battery, store the MacBook and the battery in a dry place for a couple of days(!). That way, you may have a chance.
Was it running when you watered it?
Power it off, take out the battery, don't use it for a few days. put it in a large bin filled with uncooked rice (rest it on top of the rice). The rice will help to absorb the water.
You can use a hairdryer first as well.
Don't turn it on for a few days..... let it dry out.
You may be screwed though.
Oh, and in the future, don't drink water near your MB.
Sorry it happened. Let it dry up. Unfortunately if you tried to start it up already then odds are it's definitely dead.
I'm sure it's dry by now!
Sadly I've been through this same situation, but is was milk. Does a body good, but not so good for your laptop. If it was running at the time, most likely it is fried already. If it was not, let it dry out as long as possible before you let any power source into it. Most likely the logic board would need to be replaced at the minimum which is quite pricey. I ended up just purchasing a new machine which luckily I got a great deal on.
Any update? Did drying it out work?
Best wishes. Hopefully you can find a good repair company who cost-effectively repairs liquid damagewe're out there.