Spilled Water under the Mac.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Meitou, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Meitou macrumors member

So today I woke up and noticed that there was water under my mac, it had leaked from a water bottle while the lid was closed.. The Mac was off at the time, so not sure if anything went wrong. I turned on the mac and then went on safari really quickly and then turned it off, everything seemed fine. Not really sure what to do if the water got into the little grooves and touched the logic board. I'm not worried about the data, more about the functionality of the mac because i'm a second year college student who cannot afford another one. So my question is, what should I do and when should i turn on my computer again. I took the Mac apart to see the logic board and water did not seem to have gotten into the mac.

2. The-Pro macrumors 65816

if it was standing in water there is a high chance no warer went into it as there would have to be about 3mm of water on the floor before it can get into any of the holes on the macbook.

If you took it apart and tere is no water inside then there isnt. you would see it in the bottom case.
    To be safe though you could just leave it standing there for a say to let anything dry incase