Spilt a protein shake on my new MBP!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crizza0309, Apr 7, 2011.

1. crizza0309 macrumors regular

i spilled some protein shake (cuz im a beast) on the corner of my keyboard. buttons still work but they light up brown since the shake was chocolate flavor lol. anyway to clean it? it's 10 keys i believe. here's a pic. This is only 2 weeks old :(. Will warranty cover it?
    [​IMG]

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

If it isn't coke, milk, tea....

In short, warranty won't cover liquid spills. You should leave it off for a while to avoid short-circuiting.

3. Macsavvytech macrumors 6502a

Macsavvytech

Make sure you dont turn it on again for at least a week. What you need to do is use the ifixit guide and either you or someone authorised to clean it up. Really do take this seriously you have no idea have far inside your machine the liquid got.

4. Hastings101 macrumors 68000

Hastings101

eww, protein shakes taste gross. Also, there's nothing you can do but clean the thing. Follow that guy's ^ advice.

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

At least your MBP will have bigger muscles now...

6. josh2007 macrumors member

7. omar4578 macrumors regular

omar4578

i lol'd

but what is it with you guys and spilling stuff on your MBP's? heres a word of advice (STOP DRINKING STUFF NEAR YOUR MBP!) or get a damn sippy cup

8. t0rr3s macrumors 6502

t0rr3s

9. blevins321 macrumors 68030

+1 to you both :D

10. RockPortTech macrumors regular

I agree with Omar, how can there be so many threads on folks spilling liquids etc.?? Honestly I see that the keyboard is no where near the bottom either, you'd figure if you paid so much money that you would keep anything which might wreck your laptop (like liquids) safely away?

We are the parents of 5 children, and we have never had an accident on any of our 7 computers / laptops.

I don't mean to sound rude or otherwise offensive and believe me when I ask you not to misconstrue my tone, but I am truly perplexed as to how people are managing to spill anything at all on their laptops?

11. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

When I drink near my MBP, I only use a low ball glass - just so I can't ever tip it over.