Spilt beer, whopee!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cracker, Feb 20, 2010.

1. cracker macrumors newbie

So a buddy of my spilt a beer on my laptop last night. To make it short and sweet everything works minus clicking on the track pad. Its a unibody pro 13''. swipes and gestures work, just cant click anything to save my life. anyone have a guide somewhere online they can point me towards to clean the damn thing or have any advice to offer me? and no, the dumbass friend can't buy me a new one, thats out of the question. Thanks in advance!

2. Jazwire macrumors 6502a

Jazwire

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Probably easier to keep your electronics from drunks.

4. Steve Jobs. macrumors regular

punch him in the face and make him pay $50 a month until he repays enough to buy yourself a new one.

5. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

You break it, you buy it. Your friend had better come up with a way to pay you for it since he just bought himself your now fermented MacBook Pro.

6. Kronie macrumors 6502a

Kronie

I cant add anything that hasn't been touched on already but look above me. Its Bill Gates and Steve Jobs...

7. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

8. TechieJustin macrumors 6502

TechieJustin

Wow.
    That absolutely sucks, man. I make people keep their drinks the hell away from my computers when they use them. A friend from college has a desktop case with fan grilles on the top. He would keep his drinks right on top of the tower. One day - you guessed it! His roommate knocked the bottle off and I heard *glug, glug, glug* as a full 12oz of Heineken emptied into that poor machine.
    Damage: Board, graphics card, hard drives - all soaked with Dutch pilsner goodness.
    It was my turn to buy beer that week, so I bought something good. The problem was those unusually shaped bottles...