Spilt Milk, still working but Battery problem question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by edubley, Jun 12, 2011.

  1. edubley macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2011
    #1
    Hello everyone, first post on this site and I am sad to inform how irresponsible I was and spilt a whole glass of milk on my macbook pro. :( I did flip it over and unscrewed the case and wiped our all the milk I could. The problem was I had no idea how to disconnect the battery power, I found no connector and it said "Do not remove the battery" not that I even knew how to. I then proceeded to put it on the floor in a tent shape and had a mini fan blow on it for a about two and a half days. I plugged it in and bam it turned on. My computer screen and body was covered in what looked like milk dust/film, so I am guessing all the milk dried and blew up through the keys thanks to the mini fan. Everything worked flawlessly besides most of my key lights are gone, only the tgv and u are completely bright. And the thing I need help figuring out is when I take the my charger cord out it just instantly turns off? Is my battery fried? Or a circuit fried? Just wondering if buying a new battery would fix it or if I would need to send it in? Kind of stinks I can't take advantage of the new macbook Pros lengthly battery time anymore. Any help our suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
     
  2. peapody macrumors 68040

    peapody

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2007
    Location:
    baltimore, md
    #2
    You probably know as much as us. We can only guess at the problem...could be battery...could be something else...I would take it in to apple care and have them diagnose it for you and just tell you what the problem is.
     
  3. edubley thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2011
    #3
    Ya that's the problem I wish I could, none by me for 300 miles. :( Thank you though.
     

Share This Page