Spining wheel

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mpossoff, Sep 19, 2010.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Hi this is my 2nd iPhone.

Anyone experiencing when opening the phone app or when online that the 'wheel' spins interminently?

When I open phone app to make a call and during a call the 'wheel' comes and goes, spins for a a bit. Same thing when I'm online, comes on, spins for a bit, disappears for a bit, then cones back on, so on....

Marc

2. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

How often do you power off your iPhone? Try turning it off and letting it sit for a couple of minutes. Prior to doing this, close any open apps in your multi-tasking bar.

3. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Did that. Called apple did resets, restore as new. Still occurring. Another trip to the genius bar apple said. Have an appointment tomorrow.

I'm hearing alot about serial #'s. My newly exchanged one is a 700.

Marc

4. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Sorry, do you mean the indicator that data is being transferred? If so, what are your push/fetch settings and do you have sync'ed email accounts? Both of those scenarious sound reasonable for the phone to go out and touch the network. I opened the phone app and it went out for data when I opened my contacts. I have MobileMe.

But... if there is something different about yours I hope the Genius finds it and gives you a replacement.

5. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

I know this sounds crazy but try this.

Do a hard reset (press and hold both the home and power buttons until the iPhone powers off). DO THIS TWICE IN A ROW.

See if it works.

6. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

According to apple even syncing shouldn't do that. That's what I thought at first. I have mobile me.

How often does your wheel spin when you keep the phone app opened? My wheel comes on and off.

All settings are set to manual.

Marc

7. mpossoff thread starter macrumors 68020

Went to apple store today. Tech said it's because I have mobile me and it interminently syncing contacts when I open phone app and when I'm online bookmarks. Apple phone a couple of days ago said the spinning wheel isn't normal although I have mobile me. The tech said she has mobile me and her's does the same thing.

Marc

8. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Cross your heart, spin around twice, close your eyes, tap your heals together and repeat three times, "there's no place like home, ...," then push the Home button and whisper a prayer of your choice.