Spinning Circle of Forever in Upper Right Corner

Discussion in 'macOS' started by robosalsa, Nov 1, 2009.

1. robosalsa macrumors newbie

Starting yesterday, the mouse pointer turns to a spinning circle whenever it is put into upper right portion of the toolbar where the time, day, audio symbol, time machine symbol, etc. are located. I thought it might be something with Expose, but no luck. Expose works fine if I move it up through to the very corner, but the second it touches the portion of the bar where I have the time and other items located, it turns to the spinning symbol and stays that way...forever...until I move it away, and then it is perfectly normal on all the rest of the screen.

This just started happening, and coincidently (maybe nothing to do with it, maybe everything), my Itunes suddenly has stopped recognizing my three ipods.

Thoughts? Please help!

2. robosalsa thread starter macrumors newbie

ALSO: the only other thing I can think I've done in the last week to the system is to install Snow Leopard. Could that be doing it?

3. robosalsa thread starter macrumors newbie

UPDATE: Just reinstalled snow leopard on off chance that could be the problem. Didn't fix it....still spins when I put it up on the date/time/audio/time machine/sync stamps....