Spinning Effect in FCP & Time Remap 100 Small Clips

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by ShakeWellProd, Apr 25, 2008.

1. ShakeWellProd macrumors member

I have two pictures of an object. One of the side and the other of the front. I flopped the side picture and then dropped all three pictures onto the time line in FC. Then created multiple copies and I get what I want, a spinning effect. Each clip is 4 frames each which I found to get the smoothest motion possible, but it's still a bit choppy.

Do you guys/girls know anyway I can improve the smoothness of the rotating object?

Second: I need to time lapse the shot. I'm trying to get the effect of the headphones spinning really really fast and slowing down over a 15-20second time frame while graphics pop up here and there.

This would be easier if it was all one clip, but because they are very small individual clips I don't know of a way to get around this to achieve this effect.

Should I take this into motion or is there anyway to keep it in FCP and work from there. I mainly need to know how to slow down the spinning effect as smooth as possible.

2. ShakeWellProd thread starter macrumors member

3. AviationFan macrumors 6502a

AviationFan

I must admit, I don't really understand much of what you described. But maybe I can offer a pointer for one of your questions: You said it would be easier if it were all one clip. Well, export your timeline into a new movie clip, and reimport that new clip into the timeline. Unless I misunderstood that part, too...

- Martin

4. huntercr macrumors 65816

I have never used motion before, but it seems like this is something perfectly suited for that. But I'm not sure how much smoother you could get from only having two pictures.

You could simply ad more frames to your little rotation... transform the object using the basic 3d filter and rotate it 45 degrees, but it's still going to look cheesy, because you're faking the majority of the frames.

I'm not sure what your end goal is here or the limitations you might have, but I might decide to go lo-tech here myself....
    Anyway you can just mount a real pair of headphones on an apparatus and put it on a turn table or lazy susan or something and then matte it out?

5. ShakeWellProd thread starter macrumors member

Anyone?

Major brain fart for me on this one.

This morning I was like duh, export the movie and now it's all good. Now I just have to figure out how to perfect the Time Remapping Tool out.

Thanks mates for your help.

I've gotta create video ads for a start up who doesn't have the funds to go out and shoot video.

:)