Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stick7799

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
MacBook Pro 10.9
i7 with 16 GB RAM, plenty of free HD space

Spinning wheel comes up for about 5 seconds or so during typing in body of email messages, happens a lot. Tried rebuilding the identity, tried the sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force command

This guy has only a 185 MB mailbox up in O365 but his Identity is over 10 GBs. WHy? He created an archive and a ton of subfolders. He drags and drops all his incoming messages into these folders. Is this the "wrong" way to archive or is this ok?

In Windows, archiving out of an OST to a PST helps Outlook wrap it's arms around the newer and now smaller OST. WHat's the point of archiving in Outlook for Mac though? Seemingly the Identity doesn't get any smaller. I'm not seeing what archiving in 2011 achieves.

Stick7799

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 5, 2014
MacBook Pro 10.9
i7 with 16 GB RAM, plenty of free HD space

Spinning wheel comes up for about 5 seconds or so during typing in body of email messages, happens a lot. Tried rebuilding the identity, tried the sudo update_dyld_shared_cache -force command

This guy has only a 185 MB mailbox up in O365 but his Identity is over 10 GBs. WHy? He created an archive and a ton of subfolders. He drags and drops all his incoming messages into these folders. Is this the "wrong" way to archive or is this ok?

In Windows, archiving out of an OST to a PST helps Outlook wrap it's arms around the newer and now smaller OST. WHat's the point of archiving in Outlook for Mac though? Seemingly the Identity doesn't get any smaller. I'm not seeing what archiving in 2011 achieves.

Any help?

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I have 3GB at my Office365 Exchange account. My Main Identity folder is 4GB. I don't do that sort of archiving...leave everything on the server.

I don't see behavior like you're describing.

My version of Outlook is 14.4.3.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.