Spinning Pinwheel on i7/2TB/8GB

Discussion in 'iMac' started by rmg007, Nov 16, 2009.

1. rmg007 macrumors member

New imac is running sweet. However, I see the pinwheel at times when I never do on my 13" MacBook Pro.

I see it in two instances. First, when accessing the screen saver settings in system preferences. I do have over 9,000 photos and have the screen saver set to shuffle. Maybe that's the issue? I also see the pinwheel when waking up the computer from sleep. It could be the LED screen lights up so quickly now, the processor has to catch up?

I have not done a reinstall of 10.6.2 and have installed Parallels and Windows 7.

Anybody else having similar symptoms?

2. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Processor has to catch up...sure maybe if it was a Prius but mah shniggie you packin' a nitrous jacked turbo-charged V8!

I'd call Apple and complain about the pinwheel and your living conditions. Apple always gives me whatever it is I want when I bring my depressing quality of life into the conversation.

3. Xip Xero macrumors newbie

Hard Drive Question

Sorry to hear you're having beach balls on your new super system.

I just wanted to ask you question, who's the manufacturer and model number for the 2TB HDD?

I want to order basically the same system as yours and have been contemplating the 1TB or 2TB HDD.

Thanks.

4. SydneyDev macrumors 6502

Have you got "Put hard drive to sleep when possible" checked in Energy Saver? That gives me beachballs on all my Macs.

5. rmg007 thread starter macrumors member

No. For those with the i7, the easiest way to check would be trying the screensaver.

6. rmg007 thread starter macrumors member

Hitachi HDS722020ALA330:

Capacity: 2 TB (2,000,398,934,016 bytes)
    Model: Hitachi HDS722020ALA330
    Revision: JK0KB23N