Spinning Wheel and gray screen

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by nporter, Dec 28, 2013.

1. nporter macrumors newbie

Hey guys just picked up a haswell Macbook Pro, but a few things have been concerning me.

First occasionally when I close an app or minimize a window or do something trivial I will get the spinning pinwheel for a fraction of a second, it doesn't seem to effect performance but worries me.

Second whenever I logout or shut down I am presented with a blank gray screen, the only thing on it is my mouse cursor which I can still move. It shuts down/logs out fine but something just doesn't seem to be right.

2. martosprint macrumors 6502

I've been getting the spinning beach ball that only lasts a second also. It doesn't seem to affect anything. It seems to be an issue from other posts I have read. Whether it's related to Mavericks I am not sure. I don't remember if I had that happen with the previous operating system before upgrading to Mavericks. 

3. Laserducky macrumors regular

Laserducky

Keychain Access storing my game center login was creating shutdown issues similar to yours, (taking 12 seconds): logging out of game center fixed it and shutdown now takes hardly 2 seconds