Spinning Wheel of all Colors

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by iMacUnsure, Oct 6, 2013.

1. iMacUnsure macrumors member

iMacUnsure

OK I have did a Hardware Test everything is OK there. I have emptied Cache but I am still getting this annoying little spinning wheel and it only happens in Safari....I tried going to Firefox but it does not import my passwords from Safari......I have had this 21.5 just a little over a month I bought it new but some reason it's bogging down on the internet.

I got MemoryKeeper and that only seems to work for a few minutes then its back to the spinning wheel.

Any help or suggestions appreciated.

2. AcesHigh87 macrumors 6502a

AcesHigh87

What are you doing in Safari when the spinning wheel appears? Also, have you checked activity monitor to see what might be acting up either CPU or RAM wise?

Generally the beachball is associated with a program that stops responding or a shortage of available RAM. It may be happening while in Safari but do you perhaps have a myriad of other programs open?

I'd definitely check activity monitor as a start and post screenshots if you can.

3. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

First thing to do is get rid of MemoryKeeper. Have you installed other garbage "system maintenance" utilities? Most of these do no good and in many cases degrade performance.

4. iMacUnsure thread starter macrumors member

iMacUnsure

Thanks. I got rid of it..Have noticed a great difference in performance since upgrading to Mavericks.