iPad Spinning wheel of annoyance

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2019
Ever since i downloaded iOS 14.0.1 I’ve gotten a non stop spinning wheel. Called Apple support and they told me reset network settings and it went away for a while. It came back and I reset it again. Went away for awhile it came back again. I did a hard reset and it went away and of course(same pattern) it came back again. Has anyone figured this one out or do I just have to wait for iOS 14.2? This is on my iPad Pro 2020

Attachments

AutomaticApple

macrumors 601
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
Ever since i downloaded iOS 14.0.1 I’ve gotten a non stop spinning wheel. Called Apple support and they told me reset network settings and it went away for a while. It came back and I reset it again. Went away for awhile it came back again. I did a hard reset and it went away and of course(same pattern) it came back again. Has anyone figured this one out or do I just have to wait for iOS 14.2? This is on my iPad Pro 2020
An app is probably doing something in the background 24/7. Maybe try and figure out which app it is by looking at your battery statistics.

heyyitssusan

macrumors 68020
Feb 9, 2014
Mine only does it when it’s loading an app or webpage etc, but goes away as soon as it’s done loading. Could be something running in the background.

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2019
Mine only does it when it’s loading an app or webpage etc, but goes away as soon as it’s done loading. Could be something running in the background.
Appreciate the reply. Yeah I looked into my battery stats in settings and saw the news widget ran a minute or so in the background so I deleted it to see if there was any change. Nothing. I’ve done my resets. I’m about to iMessage Apple support to see if they have any other suggestions.

ericwn

macrumors 603
Apr 24, 2016
Appreciate the reply. Yeah I looked into my battery stats in settings and saw the news widget ran a minute or so in the background so I deleted it to see if there was any change. Nothing. I’ve done my resets. I’m about to iMessage Apple support to see if they have any other suggestions.
I’d film it, maybe a screen recording, then call them, email the movie, report it as a bug. I wouldn’t want a chat support person to deal with this.
Best success!

Richard8655

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago
Could be the system is doing internal cleanup, uploading photos to iCloud, verifying location, or a dozen other things. It's so barely noticeable, unless you notice any performance degradation, likely not an issue.

Sam in SoCal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 13, 2019
Ok so the only thing that worked for me is completely erasing my iPad and starting fresh. It’s been a couple days now and I haven’t seen the wheel since. Make sure you create an iCloud back up first.

Reactions: muzzy996
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.