Spire on iPhone 4 slowdown?

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hi,

Does anyone know if installing and using spire to get Siri on an iPhone 4 will cause it to slow the phone down? Cheers :)

csheath

macrumors member
May 8, 2009
Maybe I'm alone but I had definite slow down using Spire, only has it installed a day or 2 and it was always sluggish. However, I've just installed Siri Toggles and all seems to be well, bit weird but I won't complain

Spire and Siri Toggles are the only JB items I have installed

Shaddow825

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2006
So far so good for me. Have had it installed for a day.
Slowed mine down a considerable amount. I've had my phone jailbroken since 4.0.1 and it was never this slow, animations, startup times, switching to running apps, almost everything was just lagged a bit. Uninstalled and was back to normal.

nyfliiboy

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
I didnt experience a slowdown with spire. I removed it though because some of my apps werent working and it disables tomtom somehow

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Thanks for the replies guys, I thought it was just my phone that it had slowed down, had it on for like a week and it caused everything to lag and various apps to crash randomly and also the battery life decreased too, have been jailbroken without it for some weeks now and my phone is still very fast and the battery life is much better too :)