Spire on iPhone 4 slowdown?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sheppy1, Jan 23, 2012.

1. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Hi,

Does anyone know if installing and using spire to get Siri on an iPhone 4 will cause it to slow the phone down? Cheers :)

2. csheath macrumors member

Maybe I'm alone but I had definite slow down using Spire, only has it installed a day or 2 and it was always sluggish. However, I've just installed Siri Toggles and all seems to be well, bit weird but I won't complain

Spire and Siri Toggles are the only JB items I have installed

3. eezing macrumors 6502

eezing

So far so good for me. Have had it installed for a day.

4. Shaddow825 macrumors 6502

Slowed mine down a considerable amount. I've had my phone jailbroken since 4.0.1 and it was never this slow, animations, startup times, switching to running apps, almost everything was just lagged a bit. Uninstalled and was back to normal.

5. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

No issues with performance of the iPhone 4 with Spire installed for me.

6. LSUtigers03 macrumors 68020

LSUtigers03

My phone slowed down and apps wouldn't open. I uninstalled it after a few days.

7. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

I didnt experience a slowdown with spire. I removed it though because some of my apps werent working and it disables tomtom somehow

8. Fredericks macrumors member

It doesn't when you use the latest redsn0w to jailbreak

9. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

I used redsnow to jailbreak.

10. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

sheppy1

Thanks for the replies guys, I thought it was just my phone that it had slowed down, had it on for like a week and it caused everything to lag and various apps to crash randomly and also the battery life decreased too, have been jailbroken without it for some weeks now and my phone is still very fast and the battery life is much better too :)