Spirit Jailbreak Problem: "Cannot Activate Cellular Data Network"

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by -tWv-, May 6, 2010.

1. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

I have an iPhone3GS running 3.1.3 and last night I used Spirit to jailbreak the phone. The jailbreaking process went fine and i was able to use cydia and install things from it and there were no issues with 3G service at all.

Now this morning after charging my phone through the night, I am not able to get any signal with the phone and it either says "No Service" in the top left corner or it has 1 bar of Edge service but i still cannot text, call, or use data. Every time I try to call or send messages I get the notification that says: "Cannot Activate Cellular Data Network." Normally in my house I get full 5 bars of 3G service so I know it isn't my location, it has to be something with the jailbreak.

Has anyone else had this problem with the Spirit jailbreak and offer a way to fix it? I would really like to keep the jailbreak because it adds tons of functionality that I would lose if I restore. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. vitiiphonenoob macrumors newbie

same problem

i also have the same problem...i have an iphone 3gs firmware3.1.3 bb 5.12.01 which i had jailbreaked with spirit....after this i installed repo666.ultrasn0w.com and installed ultrasn0w 0.93...even before the installer finished i got the error cannot activate cellular data network...can someone help me out

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You guys activated the phone with a valid simcard before running spirit on the 3.1.3 right?

4. vitiiphonenoob macrumors newbie

i got my iphone as a gift from the US and it came with an AT&T sim already inside but i had to hook it up to itunes to make it work...i don't know if i activated it or not...help...i do not live in the US

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

What did you install from Cydia?

Was there anything related to unlocking etc. If so that may be your root cause. I do not think the spirit JB would be to blame.

6. vitiiphonenoob macrumors newbie

the only thing i installed from cydia was ultrasn0w which installed mobile substrate with it...i added http://repo666.ultrasn0w.com...and now that i want to restore to FW 3.1.3 itunes says that my device is not eligible to that build...should i update to iOS4 and then try unlocking..please hhelp...i am a noob when it comes to all this and i don't wanna do anything to make my iphone useless....i still havent made a single call on it

7. vitiiphonenoob macrumors newbie

hey everyone...need help...so after my previous issue with ios 3.1.3, i had to update to ios4(unfortunate), well then i had to jailbreak my iphone 3gs with jailbreakme 2.0. after jailbreak i installed ultrasn0w, and lo and behold before the install even finished, i got the error "could not activate cellular data network"

PLEASE help me out, i have had the iphone for 3months now and i havent made a SINGLE call on it...and i would have gotten an AT&T contract but my country does not have AT&T....please help me someone, anyone?

8. SURREALISTAMAC macrumors newbie

thanks

i got too many problems until i sow your post... thanks!! i reboot my iphone with the original simm and the problem with "cellular data network" gone... i keep the iphone runing and change the simm with the one it dosnt work minutes before.. and ... now is 3g full.... thanks! www.eduardourbano.com