spirit jailbreak reliability?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by INeedAMacBook, May 8, 2010.

1. INeedAMacBook macrumors 6502

can't find a thread exactly on this, but when i got my iphone 3gs i had it on 3.1.2 and i jailbroke with blackra1n, it was tethered and i didn't like that but sometimes when i re-jailbroke it when i turned it of it just stayed on the picture of geohot or went back to restore mode, and then one time my phone started lagging and messing up real bad, and i mean real lag, the slider wouldn't slide and then it all went bad, so i ask how reliable is the spirit jailbreak?

2. millertime021 macrumors 6502a

millertime021

Worked first time for me. No glitches or anything. Literally took 30 seconds, then my phone rebooted. Done.

3. INeedAMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

how long has it been jailbroken?

4. AshMan macrumors regular

I have 3gs 3.1.2 tethered. Previously jb with black ra1n. I did a restore to stock 3.1.2. And jb with spirit. Everthing great so far with spirit no hiccups. Been on spirit since release day.

5. INeedAMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

so you think that spirit is much better than blackra1n?

6. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

been pretty unstable for me on my touch. ive gone into dfu mode 3-4 times already and ive had it since launch about a week or so. last time i had to go into dfu the dock simply disappeared and then other icons started disappearing. the other times the touch just did not get past the apple logo on a restart.

i havent used spirit on my iphone because you cant unlock it so im keeping blackrain.

7. bripab007 macrumors 6502

Used Blackra1n for several months and then Spirit since it came out a week ago. Have not experienced problems with either, at least none that you could decisively say were due to the specific Jailbreak method.

8. LivingLarge macrumors member

ran Spirit JB day after release and all is good, and also ran ultrasn0w for unlock (on a 3g). my non-jailbreak apps stopped working, until i did a sync with itunes, since the sync, all is working fine and no lag on phone or functions, i'm a happy Spirit user :D

9. willber macrumors member

Ive had this same problem, the springboard crashes and the icons disappear. Its a shame it seems unstable, but right now any jailbreak is better than none!

10. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

for sure. i barely used my touch when it wasnt jailbroken as you are so ridiculously limited. id take an unstable jailbreak to the official release any day.

11. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Make sure you don't install Stacks, it seems to crash Springboard in 3.1.3. It does for me.

12. lavrishevo macrumors 68000

lavrishevo

Failed the first time, restored, worked like a charm the second. 3G / 3.1.2

13. pkdoyle macrumors member

Total noob here at the whole jailbrake thing - worked perfectly for me first time as did MyWi install. IPhone 3GS @ 3.1.3

14. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

I never really thought I would JB my iphone 3GS before today...

That gizmodo article on "how to JB your idevice" made me realize how incredibly EASY it is... wow, I'm seriously so glad I did. It just opens up so many possibilities for my phone now!!!

I used the spirit and it worked great. Suuuper easy.

15. willber macrumors member

Ahh I have stacks installed, I'll try removing it and see if I have more luck! Sucks though, I love Stacks

16. bripab007 macrumors 6502

Ya know, I used Stacks a bit when I first jailbroke, and then I found CategoriesSB. Best $0.99 you'll spend. So much better than Stack and not buggy at all.

17. kesnut macrumors newbie

ok so if i used spirit to jb my phone, how do i unlock it?

18. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

Which iPhone are you trying to unlock? The 3GS is still completely locked at 3.1.3.

19. INeedAMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

i would really ony plan on getting miwi, but what other coll apps are there and what do they do? i don't want sbsetting btw and what does stacks do?

20. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

-Lockinfo is pretty sweet. It allows you to actually have some useful info on the lock screen. It has a decent amount of customization to it as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BGeshdfvDs

-Winterboard is pretty cool as it allows you to customize your iphone using themes. There are TONS to choose from and download. I'm currently using a Suave theme, with Bosspaper, and 5 dock coverflow.
    [​IMG]

-Quickreply is great. It allows for text messaging overlay on whatever your doing so you can quickly respond without having to exit whatever you are in.

-Backgrounder with Kirikae is amazing as it allows for multitasking with apps running in the background.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEYyFfic9DI

There are lots of other stuff. Just do some searches here. If you want to see them in action just browse youtube.

21. INeedAMacBook thread starter macrumors 6502

cool thnx, and hwen i jailroke be4 i had winterboard but it was buggy and crashy and i think its one of the reasons my phone ****ed up, but when i did have winterboard i had axectly the same stuff as you

22. 420-THC macrumors member

I've got a problem I wan't to jailbreak using spiritjb, and unlock using ultrasnow. But my 2G 16GB iPhone ist stuck at the connect to itunes/emergency call screen. I updated it to 3.1.3 last night not realizing I was gonna lock it to the 911 screen:eek:. I'm on AT&T btw.

Attached Files:

23. Pushkar macrumors 6502a

Just restore it to original 3.1.3 firmware :confused::confused::confused:

24. 420-THC macrumors member

Yeah except with a 2G It just brings you right back to the emergency screen until you commit to a new plan.