Spirit Jailbreak Stuck

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by markojug, May 3, 2010.

1. markojug macrumors regular

Hi,

Today, I was jailbreaking my iPod touch using the new Spirit jailbreak. I ran it and the program said it was finished, but the iPod still shows a coloured background w/ progress bar and a spinning circle. The odd thing is that iTunes recognizes the iPod, but it won't reboot on it's own.

Thanks

2. ltldrummerboy macrumors 68000

ltldrummerboy

Same thing happened to me. Put it in recovery mode, restore, use Spirit, and then restore from backup in iTunes.

3. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

Sorry you guys, but it really serves you right. Sucks to be you.

4. 03 Hodag macrumors member

I'm having the same problem.

My 2G iPod Touch was previously jailbroken on firmware 3.0, I updated to 3.1.3 via iTunes once I heard about Spirit, then used Spirit to jailbreak. The sky-looking screen with the progress bar comes up on my iPod Touch, it appears to be done as the progress bar finishes, but then it just stays forever at the sky screen with the rotating wheel.

I tried restoring, then using Spirit again, but still the same problem.

I was super excited for the 3.1.3 jailbreak but now it appears I'm stuck with a rather boring un-jailbroken 2G iPod Touch on 3.1.3. Wish I had my 3.0 jailbreak back...

Any ideas?

5. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

If you were jailbroken on 3.0 I'm guessing you have an original 2nd gen MB model, if so you have been able to jailbreak 3.1.3 for some time using redsn0w 0.9.4

6. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

i had different errors when installing the spirit jb, mainly it continually got stuck on the apple logo while restarting/jailbreak, but on the third restore it finally worked. highly worth it to keep persisting methinks. i had to try a lot of times before i got my iphone 3g jailbroken as well.

7. markojug thread starter macrumors regular

Never mind, I got it fixed. After Spirit says "Jailbreak finished", just leave the program open and let the iPod do the work. Don't click quit as that's where people's iPod touches get stuck.

8. ipodtouch007 macrumors newbie

Did you jailbroked it again with the colored background?

9. zevin8888 macrumors newbie

Im runing 2g 3.1.2 MC will this still work for me? I tried to restore but it said that it does not work. How do you proceed to using Spirit after that?

10. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

if you're on 3.1.2, just use blackra1n. you press one button...done.

11. zevin8888 macrumors newbie

My ipod gets stuck at the apple logo, and recovery/DFU methods to restore it don't work... What do I do?

12. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Double and triple check to make sure you are doing DFU properly. When a device is in DFU, the screen stays dark, as opposed to recovery mode, which is when the iPod shows the "connect to iTunes" screen. If DFU doesn't work, there's nothing else you can do.

13. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

do you mean when you boot it? every time you restart the device you have to rerun blackra1n because it's a tethered jailbreak. But all of your stuff is fine.

14. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Yikes, why use blackra1n? Just use jailbreakme.com, no more tethered jailbreak!