spirit with itunes 9.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by bigjnyc, Jul 2, 2010.

1. bigjnyc macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I am a little confused, when googling I see a few sites that claim a fix for spirit so it can work with itunes 9.2.... but on the spiritjb site it still says no.... So what's the final word? can I jailbreak an iphone 3G 3.1.3 with spirit if I have itunes 9.2 installed on a Mac or not yet?

I guess I am confused because a lot of these sites claiming a fix were referencing windows.

2. dylanmoro macrumors newbie

i'd just delete itunes 9.2 and install 9.1.1, that's what i did. http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1036 that's for a mac
    http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1037 that's for windows

3. SavMBP15 macrumors 6502

If you have a 3G and a mac why even mess with Spirit? Just go to iclarified.com and use pwnage or redsn0w tutorials for 3.1.3. Then it doesn't matter at all if you have 9.2 itunes.

4. bigjnyc thread starter macrumors 603

bigjnyc

I guess because spirit seems so simple, but I will give pwnage a shot. Thanks for the advice.

5. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

I downloaded and used the new Spirit 3.1.3 JB and then was able to unlock using ultrasn0w. Everything seems to work great and I've got it running on TMobile. But now I'm starting to get worried that it's not legit.

Will the tutorials mentioned allow me to not only jailbreak but unlock my iPhone?

6. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

If you can make and receive calls on T-Mobile then everything is fine.

7. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

Yeah, it works. I guess I'm worried that some shady character put it out there and somehow put in a backdoor to my phone and info.

8. TitanTiger macrumors 6502

So, has anyone else used this or heard anything about it. I don't think comex has said anything on it.