Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
It actually doesn't. I was curious to see if someone tried it anyway.

I'm sure they wouldn't want to openly promote how they can jb the 4.0b right now... even if it is the same exact way.

iTzChasE

macrumors 6502
Dec 31, 2008
Requirements

* Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
* An activated device: one not stuck on the Connect to iTunes or Emergency Call screen.
* Any version of iTunes 9 (including 9.1.1).
* Syncing with iTunes before trying this highly recommended.
* Any iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch on firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
* Firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.
* Firmware 3.1.2, 3.1.3, or 3.2.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Damn.

You know from trying or reading someone who has tried?

Pared

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
No **** it says that. I'm asking if anyone has tried. Copying and pasting what it says on the website doesn't really offer anything.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
I'm interested in this as well. I don't really understand how Spirit works, but I heard is uses an exploit that Apples doesn't yet know about (I guess they probably do now). If this is true, and I don't know if it is, then it would be safe to assume the same security hole is in 4.0 beta.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7D11 Safari/531.21.10)

When you try to run it, it says it isn't compatible.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7D11 Safari/531.21.10)

When you try to run it, it says it isn't compatible.

Thank you for an intelligent reply!

pesos

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2006
it's too bad because I'd love to try out tethering, but I don't want to give up the mail enhancements in 4.0 -- I'm dealing with the occasional sluggishness and bugginess because having multiple exchange accounts on the phone is so useful to me. now I just wish my jailbroken ipad could do that! :D

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Damn.

You know from trying or reading someone who has tried?

This kind of poster probably argues with the sign on the restroom door.

Come on, all these weeks they have had this jailbreak, of course the hackers tried it with 4.0 beta, that's why they specified the firmwares on the Spiritjb website.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007

Come on, all these weeks they have had this jailbreak, of course the hackers tried it with 4.0 beta, that's why they specified the firmwares on the Spiritjb website.

Topic was already answered. What's the point of your post? Worthless contribution?

Pared

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 19, 2007
Asking someone a question is worthless? You might as well nuke the whole forum then.

Considering it was clear as day, it's pretty ironic some what to question reading comprehension here.

Oh well. My question was answered so anyone that would like to continue making themselves seem "cool" feel free.

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley

First sentence made my day, however little much of it is left. :D:D:D
AP exams tomorrow so I thank you! :)

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania

Actually, I'm pretty sure they can jailbreak the 4.0 beta if they wanted. However, chpwn in particular seems to be really against the use of beta OSs, even for those of us who do have legitimate access. I don't really care since beta 2 was way too buggy for general use, but the next beta might not be like that.

y0umebednow

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2010
In order to use Spirit, you have to have a clean install ( a restore). That will get rid of all your stuff.

Just sync it back after the Spirit jailbreak.

Um you dont need to restore in order for spirit to work. you just cant run spirit on a device which is already jailbroken.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Um you dont need to restore in order for spirit to work. you just cant run spirit on a device which is already jailbroken.

Agreed, but most of these questions seem to be coming from those with Blackra1n jailbreak who want untethered. For them, a restore is required.

That is why I put (restore) in parenthesis

y0umebednow

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2010
Agreed, but most of these questions seem to be coming from those with Blackra1n jailbreak who want untethered. For them, a restore is required.

That is why I put (restore) in parenthesis

Yeah, it truly sucks for people who have tethered jailbreak on 3.1.2 and dont have their 3.1.2 hashes saved on file. Even thou the untethered jailbreak is out, they cant jailbreak because they cant restore to 3.1.2. Their only option is to update to 3.1.3 but then they would lose the unlock.

I hope the Dev team released a program similar to sn0wbreeze but with the addition of spirit untethered jailbreak! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.