Spite

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by stlblufan, Apr 9, 2012.

1. stlblufan, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012

stlblufan macrumors regular

stlblufan

It appears that the Spite (siri for iPhone 4) repo is gone. Does anyone have an alternative source for the package? I had to swap phones over the weekend and now I can't reinstall! Thanks.

2. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

It doesn't work anymore. The only reason it worked before was that the IPSW Apple was hosting wasn't encrypted, now that 5.1 has come out it is.

3. stlblufan thread starter macrumors regular

stlblufan

That's not exactly correct. It's true that Spire was not updated for 5.1, but a different similar product called Spite was developed that does work on 5.1. However, over the weekend, due to DDOS attacks, the repo for Spite was taken down. Thus my original question.

4. The LPT macrumors regular

i thought the beta repo was taken down due to not enough donations. So they moved it to a paid "VIP" repo.

5. stlblufan thread starter macrumors regular

stlblufan

Thanks, looks like you're right. Missed that.

6. Khris macrumors newbie

As posted here: http://iphoneijailbreak.com/?p=104

Spite now under a VIP Repo
    As of you who have tuned in to watch my videos on spite, you will have realised that you are unable to add the repo to get access to spite now.

This is because the developer has stopped hosting the repo and has changed it to a VIP repo. He is now charging 5 dollars per person to get access to his repo.

I have figured out their repo but need to do a fresh restore to see if its working or not. I seem to be getting an error every time i try to add it.

You all can try adding the repo if it will let you:

repo.technetec.com/vip

We will keep you updated as we get more information and hopefully we will get the files soon.

VIP repo above works! :D