Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
I've noticed that a lot of people (including myself) on occasion will spit out dust (not literally), but it almost looks like they're spitting out a snow flake and I'm just like what?! especially when I do it. Anyone else notice this?

calculus

Dec 12, 2005
I have no idea what this is about either...

I have however heard of spitting feathers

Telp

macrumors 68040
Feb 6, 2007
Uhh...I am going to have to agree with every one else here. what the hell you talkin bout man? Care to give it another try? a different explanation :)

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
Uhh...I am going to have to agree with every one else here. what the hell you talkin bout man? Care to give it another try? a different explanation :)

Someone can be talking and all of a sudden instead of wet spit flying out what looks like a tiny snowflake or dust will fly out and gently fall down to the floor. Nothing big or anything but instead of wet spit you have this fluffy white poof. Imagine you have foam around your mouth, you blow and you see the foam flying everywhere, well that's what it looks like except 100 times less than if you were to have foam on and around your mouth.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Wow, just wow.

Attachments

• wasteland.jpg
    wasteland.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 263

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
I must illustrate now, I'm sure you guys have seen it. Or maybe it's just a New York City thing.

Okay it's attached. That little thing I drew is the "snow flake." At random times some people will be talking and the "snow flake" will just pop out of their mouth and gently fall to the ground. It's happened to me like twice, but I've seen others do it numerous times. I'm thinking it could be from dry chapped lips, but it's still pretty funny when it happens.

Attachments

• You're fired copy.jpg
    You're fired copy.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 229

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
I must illustrate now, I'm sure you guys have seen it. Or maybe it's just a New York City thing.

Okay it's attached. That little thing I drew is the "snow flake." At random times some people will be talking and the "snow flake" will just pop out of their mouth and gently fall to the ground. It's happened to me like twice, but I've seen others do it numerous times. I'm thinking it could be from dry chapped lips, but it's still pretty funny when it happens.

OK, so you have some people who form saliva in the corner of their mouth while they talk. It just kinda foams up there, and occasionally a bit flies out. If it's dry, it's probably just that it's been sitting on their lip for a while waiting to fling out at you.

I've had talks with previous co-workers where I spent the whole time dodging this stuff.

It's just spit. Even dried spit is still spit.

If it's not spit, then perhaps it's a bit of food that's been waiting to fly out. Try drinking something or brushing your teeth after you finish eating :D

j3nsen

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2007
Wow, easily the most random thread I've read in a while.. I had no clue what you were talking about in the beginning.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.