Splash Mountain at Disneyland!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Derrick Velasco, Aug 19, 2008.

1. Derrick Velasco macrumors regular

Who here is a fan of Splash Mountain at Disneyland!?
    [​IMG]

I have over 25 Splash Mountain pins and collecting more soon! :D
    And the best part...Is the ride Splash Mountain!

Are there any more fans?!:D

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Never been on the one in Disneyland but the one in Disney World is awesome! Its one of my favorites.

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

4. gibbz macrumors 68030

+1. I really enjoyed it during my trip last year. We visited all parks and my favorite ride though was probably Expedition Everest at Animal Kingdom.

5. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

When my family went down to Disney World a couple of years ago, I wanted to get the whole family on Splash Mountain. My mom saw the drop and was worried. It took a little bit, but I convinced her that was another ride that loaded on the other side of the hill! The ride photo was wonderful and my mother still won't let it drop that I tricked her into getting on that ride!

6. Derrick Velasco thread starter macrumors regular

So sad..

LOL well! Let me clarify this all for you,
    No I don't get a pin for every ride, just splash mountain!
    I have only been on the WDW one once, but the one in Disneyland,
    I own it!:p

7. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

Haha splash mountain is great and all, but it's not the best ride at disneyland. That title definitely is a three way tie between indiana jones, space mountain, and the matterhorn (each is best for different reasons.) In fact, me and my friends just went to disneyland yesterday and didn't ride splash mountain once. :eek:

8. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

9. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed! I love that ride, so does my son. Although my favorites are The Rock-n-Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror in MGM Studios.

10. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

When I worked for Disney I would always visit the Magic Kingdom. And many times would ride Splash Mountain w/o getting wet on hot days. However, when it was cool/night time, I got soaked.

First time on it w/roommates we saw the beginning of the fireworks just as we peaked and plunged down. It was brilliant.

11. Derrick Velasco thread starter macrumors regular

Flash Mountain huh?
    That's uh hm.
    I love Splash Mountain :) :D
    But mind control doesn't exist so you guys will just have to stick to Expedition Everest!

12. Crawn2003 macrumors 6502

I've been on both, the one at Disneyland and the one at Disney World. Although I like the Disneyland Park more than the Disney World, the Splash Mountain at Disney World has about 8 water drops vs. the 4 at the one at Disneyland.

Also the one at Disney World is longer and tells more of the story of Briar Rabbit.

Crawn

13. lostfan916 macrumors 6502a

lostfan916

I love Disneyland :D I've been to Disneyworld once in '04 and while I did really like it, I have to say I prefer Disneyland. There's just more of the Disney feel there, and Disneyworld is just huge.

Anywho, Splash mountain is pretty fun. When I was a kid and went my cousin went on it and I was watching, and I swear I remember the ride just like falling from that height (instead of being on a track) and that's why I was so scared of it. Perspective is crazy. But it's really fun, saw the fireworks on it once.

I agree though, not the best ride. I think I would pick Space Mountain cuz it's just so cool.

14. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I love Disneyland, but then, who doesn't?

Splash Mt. isn't my favorite (that title goes to Space Mt.) but it's definitely a must-ride every time I visit. I wish it had a better theme though; they should really switch subject matter of the Pirates of the Caribbean with Splash Mt. ...and while we're at it add a drop in It's a Small World. :p

15. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Space Mountain was so much fun. And a very smooth ride if you are at the very front. If at the back then it gets very bumpy/jittery.

16. Derrick Velasco thread starter macrumors regular