Splashtop and iClarified app broken after iOS 8 update

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Zetaprime, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

After installing iOS8 on my iphone 5S and ipad Mini retina Splashtop is completely broken and iClarified broken badly on ipad but useable but ugly on iphone.

Splashtop crashes back to iOS when it attempts to connect to remote computer on both iPhone and iPad.

iClarified works on phone but just looks like crap because status bar overlays the upper part of thew app's screen. On iPad it goes into portrait mode and will not rotate to landscape. Previously it was a landscape mode app. Also, on iPad commenting is impossible because keyboard comes up in landscape while app screen remains in portrait and there is no way to 'send' the completed comment for posting.

Do the developers of these apps have the slightest idea how to support their apps? In other words a proper developer would have gotten a hold of iOS8 beta as they were supposed to and see to it that their apps were compatible, and if not update them . With these apps they dropped the ball like some sort of rinky dink amateurs.

2. flashflooder macrumors regular

That's weird because Splashtop works 100% on iPhone.

3. Zetaprime thread starter macrumors 65816

Not for me it doesn't. How did you get it to work? And what model iPhone? It can't be just me since it fails to work on 2 devices here.

4. Zetaprime thread starter macrumors 65816

I submitted a report to splashtop..This was their reply:

Splashtop Personal, Sep 17 21:08:
    Hi Zetaprime1,

Thank you for your feedback and really sorry for the inconvenience.

It will now crash when triggering the app or trying to establish remote connection when using Splashtop Personal on iOS 8 devices; technical team has been fixed the issue, the fixed version app are submitted and waiting for review by Apple. We believe it should be ready soon in next week. Should you have any question, please feel free to contact us again.

Regards,
    Splashtop Support Team

As you can see it's not my imagination. The app does indeed have a major bug, but it appears a fix will be here soon.

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Not your imagination. Crashes on my iPhone 5 and iPad Air.

Thanks for the follow up.

6. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

Oddly enough, I played around with this problem, and found that other Splashtop apps work fine. both the Splashtop camera app and the old Windows 8 test bed app both log in just fine.

7. Zetaprime thread starter macrumors 65816

Now iClarified needs to fix their app.. Has anyone else tried it on their iOS 8 iPad?

I can't find a way to report this to iClarified as they lack a proper feedback email..almost as if they don't care if their site or app has problems.