Splashtop Personal app is free today

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by sparksd, Apr 17, 2018.

1. sparksd macrumors 68000

2. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

3. sparksd, Apr 17, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2018

sparksd thread starter macrumors 68000

Actually wasn't aware of it - looks promising and I'll check it out. I had just come across the free Splashtop offer. Thanks.
    --- Post Merged, Apr 17, 2018 ---
    A question on TeamViewer. The TeamViewer box remains displayed on my PC screen when connected - any way to hide the irksome thing? I found if I clicked on the "X", it closes it out, not hides it.

Edit - scratch that, I found it under advanced settings.

4. sparksd thread starter macrumors 68000

I'm finding that I can't get any sound from my Windows 10 PC on my iPad with Teamviewer. I have checked what I believe to be the right options and have turned up the audio on the PC and in Teamviewer - but no sound on the iPad. Ideas?

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

What TeamViewer version are you running? I don't know if this applies, but I ran across this recommendation from a Google search:

"Go to Audio conferencing. Slide the Voice playback volume to max. To get the max volumes, you have to do this on BOTH SIDES "

6. sparksd thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. I had come across that in my own exhaustive searching. I did that on the PC side but there is no equivalent setting on the iPad side so I think that poster was referring to a multi-PC setup. I looked through Teamviewer's forums and found a smattering of like issues, the latest being a couple of weeks ago also saying no sound on the iPad side (no response to it). I posted my own question. But without sound, the app is of limited use for my use.

7. sparksd thread starter macrumors 68000

I can't seem to get audio to work with TeamViewer nor can I get a help answer anywhere (here, Teamviewer forums, Reddit) so I'm back to Splashtop - no problem with it on my iPad and multiple laptops & desktops. As it works well, the $17 yearly cost is worth it (less than $1.50/month).