Split keyboard: major UI flaw

Discussion in 'iPad' started by eurobum, Apr 9, 2012.

1. eurobum macrumors member

On some websites when entering a text field said text field is covered by the split keyboard interface. I know you can change the position of the interface by scrolling on the site itself, but sometimes this doesn't suffice and as a result the keyboard interface blocks the text you're inputting.

This is terribly offputting. Am I doing something wrong?

2. hamsup1o macrumors member

you can move the split keyboard up and down by holding on the to the keyboard button

3. Feed Me macrumors 6502a

Feed Me

You can slide the keyboard up and down the screen too if that helps.

4. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

I don't quite get it. What's wrong with dragging the keyboard from the very last bottom right button?

5. eurobum thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone! Didn't know you could move the keyboard like that. Excellent.

Cheers!

6. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

This thread is why people on this forum and in general are amazing, literally went form being his biggest issue ever, to 5 min later, no even a problem, hahahah

7. Bheleu, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012

Bheleu macrumors 6502

8. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Now all we need is a way to change the split keyboard back from purple to grey.

9. sekazi macrumors 6502

I wish they had a full keyboard the size of the split keys that can be dragged around. It would be so much better that way IMO

10. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

If you drag the keyboard, it splits. Move it around and then just put it together, and voila: there you have the full size keyboard you can move wherever you want.

11. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

You don't even haves to split the keyboard first. Just press and hold the keyboard icon until the menu pops up, select "undock," and now you can slide the keyboard up and down.

12. sekazi macrumors 6502

I want something the size of the split keyboard keys and not the full keyboard. It takes up a lot of space.

Something like this
    [​IMG]

13. urkel macrumors 68030

The reason I can't use the split keyboard is because the split keys are too small. I guess theyre trying to accommodate tiny lady fingers but I've got giant Atari thumbs so I'd like the keys just a little bigger. Oh, and also a number row. :)

14. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

Really? How about the option the change all the colors to whatever we want like the color whocares.

15. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

I like the split keyboard but I also wish the keys were bigger.