Split Keyboard

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ee99ee, Apr 30, 2007.

1. ee99ee macrumors 6502

ee99ee

So my Microsoft Split keyboard from circia 1997 finally bit the dust. Anyone know of a good mac split keyboard?

-Chris

2. olemed macrumors member

olemed

I've been using the Microsoft Natural 4000 which I bought from NewEgg for $51.99. It's been great thus far and it's got programmable keys (though I rarely use them). The space bar is a little harsh (you have to depress it a bit) but otherwise the keys are quiet and dreamy to type on. I highly recommend it.

3. LeviG macrumors 65816

I've used the original white (well cream and brown by the time its finished with :rolleyes:), the wireless natural and the new natural 4000 keyboards.

They are all excellent keyboards and the only reason I changed from the wireless one was I was getting fed up with changing batteries. I would say natural 4000 should keep you happy :)

4. justG macrumors member

justG

+1. The 4000 is the best, most comfortable keyboard I've ever used. Before it I had an earlier MS Natural model that I'd been using since '99, which is still plugged into the Windows box. Keep an eye out for sales, too. I got the 4000 from newegg for about $35, which was a fantastic deal.

5. ee99ee thread starter macrumors 6502

ee99ee

I just got one off eBay for like $20. It should be here later this week. Yay!

6. ee99ee thread starter macrumors 6502

ee99ee

Hmm, as someone else said earlier -- the space bar is a little weird. I'm not sure if it's broken, or if it's just supposed to be this way. It seems to be working normally as I type this, but it still feels weird.

It's like you can wiggle it and it'll pop up and down like a normal keyboard; or, like it is now, it just kind of stays pressed down and you just tap it to make a space -- it doesn't really move very much. It kind of sticks.

-Chris

7. justG macrumors member

justG

8. Moof1904 macrumors 65816

I use an Adesso. I think it's the Tru Form or something like that. My only complaint is that after four or five years, some of the keys are trying to pop off.