Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

m021478

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
Does anyone know of a solution that would allow me to use a single projector to display the contents (monitors) of two separate computers simultaneously?

I am doing a product demo in about a month that will require being able to display Computer A and Computer B on a single screen at the front of the room.

Perhaps there's some sort of dual input adapter that would allow this? Anyone have any suggestions?

skorpien

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2008
If you're looking for a projector, Panasonic makes wireless projectors that can have multiple computers connected to it and display the screens of up to 16 computers simultaneously.

If you're looking for a software solution, or a hardware solution that works with existing projectors, I'm not entirely sure. Sorry.

m021478

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 23, 2007
why not vnc into computer A from B and display the output of B

Good suggestion, but the demo involves actually showing two different people on two separate computers interacting collaboratively via web 2.0 cloud-based technologies.

On top of that, it's also critical for the demo to showcase the lack of any lag and the overall snappy-ness of the site, so VNC is likely to destroy any chance of that.

Is there an adapter of some sort that would allow me to pull this off?

Any other suggestions?

xraydoc

Contributor
Oct 9, 2005
Good suggestion, but the demo involves actually showing two different people on two separate computers interacting collaboratively via web 2.0 cloud-based technologies.

On top of that, it's also critical for the demo to showcase the lack of any lag and the overall snappy-ness of the site, so VNC is likely to destroy any chance of that.

Is there an adapter of some sort that would allow me to pull this off?

Any other suggestions?

I can't think of one that would be cheaper than a second low-end projector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.