Split Screen Display via Projector

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by m021478, Sep 7, 2011.

1. m021478 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know of a solution that would allow me to use a single projector to display the contents (monitors) of two separate computers simultaneously?

I am doing a product demo in about a month that will require being able to display Computer A and Computer B on a single screen at the front of the room.

Perhaps there's some sort of dual input adapter that would allow this? Anyone have any suggestions?

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

If you're looking for a projector, Panasonic makes wireless projectors that can have multiple computers connected to it and display the screens of up to 16 computers simultaneously.

If you're looking for a software solution, or a hardware solution that works with existing projectors, I'm not entirely sure. Sorry.

3. jsolares macrumors 6502a

why not vnc into computer A from B and display the output of B

4. m021478 thread starter macrumors 6502

Good suggestion, but the demo involves actually showing two different people on two separate computers interacting collaboratively via web 2.0 cloud-based technologies.

On top of that, it's also critical for the demo to showcase the lack of any lag and the overall snappy-ness of the site, so VNC is likely to destroy any chance of that.

Is there an adapter of some sort that would allow me to pull this off?

Any other suggestions?

5. xraydoc macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

I can't think of one that would be cheaper than a second low-end projector.