Split screen safari (multiple safari windows) possible on Ipad Pro?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bleomycin, Nov 16, 2015.

1. bleomycin macrumors newbie

I stopped in the apple store today quickly to see the Ipad Pro and was unable to figure out if it is possible to run multiple safari windows side by side? The employee there helping me was clueless as well. I decided to hold off on buying one until finding out the answer, but googling it is proving more difficult than expected. So, is this possible?

2. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

You cannot run 2 of the same applications side by side (Safari and Safari)

Luckily, you CAN run Safari and Chrome side by side.

This will enable you to have 2 web browsers in split view.

3. Dammit Cubs macrumors 68000

Dammit Cubs

Yeah this is kinda lame. I wish they would fix this, but in the mean time, i'll do what the person above said.
    Use safari and chrome back to back

4. bleomycin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it! And yeah, that is very lame, can't believe they launched like that. Running chrome as the 2nd browser is a clever workaround. I really hope this isn't a permanent design decision though....

5. Retrogecko macrumors member

Agreed! It would be cool if safari would offer a split screen option to view 2-3 tabs at a time. I bet it'll come soon. This brand of multitasking is new to iOS so it seems like a logical feature they'll add someday

6. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I could see this coming in the near future... I'm hoping iOS10 will have some beefier Pro options like that.

7. iphone5att64 macrumors 6502

You can make or find a webpage that splits webpages with HTML frames.

8. dyt1983 macrumors 65816

It's probably as permanent as the decision to not be able to view web content as soon as you focus on the location/search bar. So basically one needs an iPP with Safari/Chrome to be able to copy a long URL from an image (or other non-selectable text on a web page) to the location. Or a laptop/desktop.