Split Screen Video Chatting?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by theimacdude, Nov 28, 2008.

1. theimacdude macrumors member

theimacdude

So. I am on the search for an application (or web application) that will enable me to do split screen video chatting with another person on a mac. Some may suggest MeBeam, but for me it will not work (I click on it - IT WILL NOT LOAD!!) It would also be nice if it had a full screen option.
    Basically the plan is to screen record the video chat between me and another person. As I say application or web application is fine. And a full screen would help.
    Thanks.



[​IMG]

So here is an example I photoshoped. As you can see, one person is in the UK & one in the US. We both have the same space on the screen. :) I hope it makes it much clearer.

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

So let me get this straight. You and another person are in the same room and you want to use an iSight enabled Mac to record the chat? But you want it split screened, so that one side is on you and the other side on the other person?

May I ask why you need the split screen to initiate the video chat? I'm just trying to see why iChat and/or Skype are not applications that work for you.

3. theimacdude thread starter macrumors member

theimacdude

Woow no! He won't be next to me! I'll explain more. In iChat you have like the little window where the other person is right? Well I want the other person, instead of in the window, next to me like a split screen. And we want an equal view of each person - thats why.