Split View isn't working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by c.hrysline_, Nov 24, 2015.

1. c.hrysline_ macrumors newbie

I have the new macbook pro retina 13", just purchased recently. No matter how hard I try, I can't access split view. I've already checked all over the internet and it won't work. I force clicked the expand green button but nothing happens, tried mission control method also no result. Also already checked settings and made sure that displays have separate spaces. what exactly is wrong with it?

2. Kissmyne macrumors 6502

Kissmyne

A force click should not be necessary(merely a LONG left click on the green button). In order to better help you, Can you please tell me what apps you are trying to use Split View with?

Please be aware that some application developers have not coded their Apps for Split View yet.. thus certain apps will not have compatibility with this feature yet. This can be tested.. if you ONLY hover your cursor over the green button(typically used for Window Resizing, or Full Screen), if it shows a + then typically(my experience) the app does not support Split View yet. Also keep in mind that the windows you wish to split view with must be open BEFORE trying to utilize Split View.

I hope this helps.. please let me know if there are any points I need to clarify..

3. acctman macrumors 6502a

acctman

All current apps should work in split view... it's not doing anything special other that siding the app in half. just move your mouse cursor to the maximize (green) icon click and hold. Try it with Safari to get use to it.

4. priitv8 macrumors 68020

Make sure you have turned on "Displays have separate Spaces" in System Preferences > Mission Control.
    Without that flag checked, Split View will not work!
    PS Actually, I found that solution in this very forum!

5. CE3 macrumors 6502a

Are you running El Capitan? I also got a new MacBook recently and, being new to OS X, initially thought El Capitan was installed after running the listed system updates in the App Store, but they were Yosemite updates.