Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yillbs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
Texas
What happened to the split view keyboard that is on the ipad air 2? That's a huge feature for me? Why wouldn't it be present on the Ipad Pro ? Anyone know?

PattyMc

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
It's not available on IPad Pro, not sure why they decided to do away with it though.

PattyMc

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2012
Not sure if this will help you out but you can still undock the keyboard and move it on the screen.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
If you put the iPad Pro in Display Zoom mode, you get back the split screen but lose the extra row of number keys that are iPP only. My guess is that the new keys on the iPP keyboard meant they had to redo the split keys for iPP, and they didn't get it done in time for release.

Reactions: PattyMc

yillbs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
Texas
If you put the iPad Pro in Display Zoom mode, you get back the split screen but lose the extra row of number keys that are iPP only. My guess is that the new keys on the iPP keyboard meant they had to redo the split keys for iPP, and they didn't get it done in time for release.

so, it sounds like if you take away the native resolution you can use the default air 2 setup more or less.. ugh, hopefully it'll pop back into the 9.3 release. Anyone on beta able to test it ? See if it works?

Macmar88

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
so, it sounds like if you take away the native resolution you can use the default air 2 setup more or less.. ugh, hopefully it'll pop back into the 9.3 release. Anyone on beta able to test it ? See if it works?

Nope I'm running the public 9.3 beta on my iPP and there still no split keyboard, but it's only the first beta so still a chance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.