Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
This is a genuine question, not a challenge - can you describe a few of the things that you use Split View for?

I am currently back on 8.4 because PB2 was killing my battery (unlike PB1), but was really impressed by how well Split View worked - I just couldn't find to many real world uses for it.

I do think Split View will probably become much more useful after it expands beyond native apps when it is released in final form.

Personally, I use(d) it before taking notes and writing articles for a website in Notes while referencing a source in Safari. I've also done the same for taking notes during class while looking things up in Safari. That'll probably be my main use for it, but I'm sure when dev release split view support updates in the fall I'll find more uses. Ideally, I'd want to use a different text app than Notes (maybe like Wordpress, Pages, Drafts, etc).

Lisat78

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2015
I can't yet speak for Split View, only having an Air, but I found a fantastic use case for SlideOver. I was listening to music on Deezer that wasn't lyric'd and remembered SO... so invoked Safari and googled the lyrics for the song in question. It's not quite as good as Deezer's 'karaoke' style lyrics but as I'm deaf this functionality is still absolutely amazing!

Ludatyk

macrumors 603
May 27, 2012
Texas
That's logical - thanks for the info. Waiting for PB3 to get back to iOS 9.

I have a Bluetooth keyboard. It leaves plenty of screen to view while typing. I really recommend having a Bluetooth keyboard using iOS 9 for the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.