Splitter to use Earphone w/ Attached Mic on Laptop

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by goodtimeshaxor, Nov 4, 2010.

  1. goodtimeshaxor macrumors newbie

    Mar 9, 2009
    So I have some nice earphones with attached microphone that I use for my iPhone as well as when I'm using my laptop but I have been using Skype a lot lately and would like to use the attached microphone instead of the built in microphone on my mac book pro.

    The problem, obviously, is that the laptop has two separately jacks for input and output. Is there anything that splits a single TRS into two inputs?

    Basically, I'm looking for the opposite of this:

    Looking for something that has 1 female end that splits to 2 male ends (1 for mic, 1 for earphone)
  2. snowblader13 macrumors newbie

    Jun 22, 2010
    What Laptop do you have? If it is my correct understanding, the newer 2 generations of MBP's cane use those headsets when just plugging them into the headphone port. If that is one of the computers that you have you will not need a splittter.

    Please correct me if i am wrong
  3. goodtimeshaxor thread starter macrumors newbie

    Mar 9, 2009
    I have an older UniBody Macbook Pro. The first year I guess

Share This Page