splitting a directv signal to kitchen tv

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by seablue, Feb 11, 2012.

1. seablue macrumors regular

I have two tv's that have DVR receivers. One in the living room and one in the bedroom. I would like to get a little kitchen tv and would like to split the signal from the living room tv. Is this even possible?? Directv says, no. They said I could get a longer coax cable if I needed to but I cannot use a splitter. I would need to be another receiver for the kitchen tv.
    I don't want another receiver. It's ok to watch the same channel that is on in the living room in the kitchen when I'm in there. I have found several types of splitters for satellite tv's but have no idea which one will work if at all possible. I have a feeling directv is giving me the "talk" to get $$$ out of me. BUY our receivers and pay the extra monthly payment for that receiver.
    Thanks for any help....

2. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Their receivers should put out enough signal for a second TV, with a half-decent splitter.

3. jsolares macrumors 6502a

There's even some that amplify as well in case it doesnt, i had one with one in and 4 out that also connected to power.

4. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Yes, but for just a 2-way split I didn't think that it would be a concern. :)

From a raw antenna signal, yes, but the receiver should provide the necessary power.

5. seablue thread starter macrumors regular