Splitting MBP 13" single audio jack

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gilgolf, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Gilgolf macrumors newbie

For anyone that doesn't know, MBP 13" only have one audio jack that is used for both audio in and out and what it is doing can be changed via system prefs. I was wondering if there was a way to split it so that it could be both at the same time? and also could i split it so i can have two different sets of speakers playing at same time?

2. Thermonuclear macrumors 6502

The audio in vs. out function on the 13 inch MBP is selected via System Preferences. So, only one at a time.

3. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

You can't use line in and out at the same time

*however*

You can split it to use 2 speakers.
    Just buy a headphone jack from your local electronic store / radio shack / wal mart / target for less than 2 dollars, and *presto*

4. Gilgolf thread starter macrumors newbie

Alright i realize it would cost more but could i use a bluetooth headset, or similar wireless headset, OR a headset that runs through usb and have both at the same time? Basically is it that it just can't do it or because it only has one port?

5. mgartner0622 macrumors 65816

mgartner0622

Because it only has one port. It's perfectly capable via bluetooth or USB, ect.
    You're free to use a headset, or EVEN the iPhone Headphones with the built in Microphone.

6. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

OP, if you want both line in and out at the same time, i suggest you go pick up a usb audio interface.