Splitting out 10.5 and 10.6

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by MKSinSA, Sep 3, 2009.

1. MKSinSA macrumors regular

MKSinSA

Might I suggest that since Apple has issued an OS with a new name that the Mac Software Forum be split out into Leopard and Snow Leopard? It would help people like me know which issues pertain to which OS and avoid some confusion when people fail to specifically ID which they're using.

Just a suggestion, but given the scope of the changes therein, it might be helpful, given the level of interest and potential number of issues involved, and give SL experts easier access in assisting others.

Perhaps an OS X (10.5) and an OS X (10.6) and separate server fora. Just a thought. Thanks.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

People likely suggested that about Tiger and Leopard. The vast majority of people will do the update over the next couple of months. There's no reason to really break it apart. I haven't made the upgrade yet so I just avoid all threads will Snow Leopard in the title, with a couple exceptions like the post I made about 3 minutes ago.

The problem is those "Tiger" and "Leopard" categories would slowly fade out of existence even though they still have relevant information because not everything has changed. People should try to include their OS version more often though to help reduce confusion and assumptions.

3. MKSinSA thread starter macrumors regular

MKSinSA

I wondered about Tiger

I hadn't seen an OS 9 thread and just presumed it had been archived. You're right about better ID on which version one is using and thanks for the perspective.