Splitting sound output on Traktor using MacBook

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by danieldamaniel, Jun 22, 2008.

1. Joined:
    Jun 22, 2008
    Basic question.
    I have a new MacBook, stock soundcard
    Im using Traktor
    Is there any drivers/program to download so I can listen to one track on the right and cue it, while the other one plays out of the external speakers?

If so how do I do it?
    Thanks

2. priller macrumors regular

I couldn't find a way either, I ended up just using headphones, left master, right for cueing.

3. Plumbstone macrumors regular

Plumbstone

unfortunately macs recognise the built in speakers and the headphone output as the same device, when you plug a mini-jack into the headphone socket it will silence the speakers so it isn't possible to listen to both at the same time, let alone feeding each a separate signal.

There are some pretty cheap options though, one I like is the griffin imic. This basically gives you another stereo in and out from your mac for about £15, which you can set up as an aggregate device in your Audio/Midi setup utility.

I know this works fine with Ableton/logic/DJ-1800 and most other audio based applications but I have heard rumours that traktor has a problem recognising an aggregate device, I don't personally use traktor but I'm pretty sure there is a thread on it somewhere on macrumors.