I have a perfectly fine iMac G5 that will turn two years old on 5.5.07 (bought it on 5.5.05, first one in the state.) I use it for a lot of FinalCut Express movies, music, web, and homework. I've saved up close to $600, and I'm deciding whether or not I should save up for a MacBook or just upgrade all the stuff that I have now. I thought about upping my RAM from 512 MB to 1.5 GB. Will that speed up FCE? Is that worth the $200? What about just upping it to 1 GB? What difference will that have vs. 1.5? I've also been planning on upgrading to Leopard when it comes out, and if it's good enough, iWork. Not sure about iLife yet. I may also have to buy a new external hard disk soon because the internal and two external ones I have (total: 340 GB) already have 268 GB on them. On the other hand, I could use a portable. I almost got an iBook G4 two years ago, but my dad gave me the money to upgrade to the iMac G5. One of the things I like about the MacBook is its bigger widescreen display and iSight. I'll probably be travelling a lot, which is where I get my footage and send it to my client, and it may be nice to start working on stuff on the trip, save it to one of my external hard disks, and finish it on the G5. I may need a laptop for school, too. It might be helpful to have one. (High school, not college.) My sister's still in college, so I can use her education discount. I could probably just get a 2.0 GHz White one because I'd be mostly likely using the external hard disks for my videos. I do have FCE 3.0 disks, 3.0 upgrade disks (long story), and 3.5 upgrade disks, but none of them are universal, so I'd have to get that preinstalled at $99, no problem. So, that's a $1300 computer. I'm not sure whether I should upgrade all the stuff I have now or save for a MacBook (my parents might give me some money.) What do you think I should do? Thanks! (P.S. I just realised that my thread title made no sense. It should be "Splurge or Save."