iPad Spoiler-Free iPad Event Thread?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wws, Oct 21, 2013.

1. wws macrumors member

Hello.

Can a mod please make a spoiler-free thread for tomorrow's event? I will be in classes tomorrow morning and wish to have a central place where there will be no spoilers and a link to the event. Please set a thread up at your convenience.

Thank you,

wws

2. ABC5S macrumors 68040

3. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

Not trolling, just genuine curiosity; what is the purpose of a spoiler-free thread? The way I see it, you can either avoid this forum until you've seen the keynote yourself, or you can talk in a spoiler-free thread. However, if it's spoiler-free, what is there to talk about? I can't imagine much more to talk about other than speculation, which has been done to death over the past few months, and seems trivial since the actual product will have already been announced. I'm just interested that's all because I've always seen those threads and wondered. Is it just a place for people to talk about whatever without having to be spoiled? I feel like if you have consistent enough access to these forums to be carrying out conversations, you'd be in a position to watch the keynote.

4. wws thread starter macrumors member

It's one thread to bookmark or save somehow so you don't have to view the front page or any thread (both of which would have spoilers) and ruin it for you.

5. sportsfrk214 macrumors 6502a

But what topics would people come to the spoiler-free thread to discuss? Surely there isn't much more rumors wise that can be said that hasn't already been said?

6. rsnapeuk macrumors regular

7. The Flying Kite, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  8. bobright macrumors 601

Why avoid real time updates, what if its available for preorder right as the event wraps up and you miss out? That'd actually be hilarious.

9. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Reading a spoiler free keynote page is like going to a 3D movie with one eye closed.

10. wbensky macrumors member

wbensky

When you get out of classes, go to:

apple.com/apple-events

If the event is up, it will be the first one on the list. It would be a good idea to memorize what the September event thumbnail looks like now, so you can tell if your clicking the right video. Also, don't scroll all the way down on any of the webpages, since they usually have a banner ad like they did with iOS 7

11. WashupDawg macrumors regular

This must be the dumbest request I've heard for a while. Isn't the purpose of event talk to discuss potential and upcoming products?

Discussing the location, date and time must get dull fast.

12. Zimmy68 macrumors 65816

Zimmy68

I am completely confused on why there is, and why a spoiler free thread is requested.

So, if someone claims the new iPad is going to have a back touch display, that is going to ruin your day, even if doesn't happen?

If someone releases information that is actually true, before the event, that will ruin your day, the timing of it???

Man, typical first world problems.