Spoiler-ish type thing?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by ElectricMan5, Jun 26, 2010.

1. ElectricMan5 macrumors regular

Attached are two pictures of my site... if you look at them, you see that under each title of the song (Chitlins Con Carne being the first one) there are different videos of the same song being played. We have a lot of songs, so the page is really big.

Is there a way I can have it so the songs names are just shown, and if you click on the text, it's kinda like a spoiler and the videos show underneath it? With the CSS and all... i don't want like a black box behind the video. I just want the content to like... expand, so the video icons are just as they are in the screenies, but just hidden.

I dont want the song names to be buttons, just the same way they look, same color and all.

Thanks! :)

Attached Files:

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Yea, it's doable. Same principle as a drop-down navigation menu. If you want it to expand you'll need to use some JavaScript, but CSS can handle making it simply appear.

3. CMT macrumors regular

CMT

It can be done easily with jQuery.

Is it ok to use a little javascript for you (specially jQuery)? Sometimes people may prefer not to use, who knows…

If it's ok then just reply this and I'll post some example code, by the way I think I may have something like this already built, if not, 5 minutes and it's done. :)

4. ElectricMan5 thread starter macrumors regular

Hahaha I did something differently than this, but if you could still show me the code, it would be great :)

Javascript is all good... I use it a lot, but I have really no clue how it works, so I can't write it. I'm the copy & paste then edit/modify sort of person lol

5. CMT macrumors regular

CMT

There it is, quick and dirty.

I think you can understand it easily. Anyway just write any question.

Attached Files:

6. ElectricMan5 thread starter macrumors regular

Woah man, that was EXACTLY what i was looking for!!! I'm gonna keep my site how I did it before, but I'm definitely gonna keep that on the server... DAMN NICE. Shoudlve asked this question before looking over the internet for about 3 hours ^^

THANKS!

7. CMT macrumors regular

CMT

Haha, it happens.

Nice that worked fine. ;)

8. 7031 macrumors 6502

Wow nice, thanks for posting that. I just might end up using that at some point in the future.