Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tj13

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
I use google and Apple Maps in the car. Bluetooth connection.

prior to 14 directions were clearly announced, no delay. Now with 14 I miss the first portion of direction.
Example- going from NY to CT it would announce- welcome to Connecticut, now on 14 I barely hear the “cut”.
if it says in 1 mile turn on Main Street, I may hear “Main Street “ only.
I’ve re paired it to the car, rebooted etc.
thoughts?

neeraj.biyani

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2020
I have the same issue after my upgrade to iOS14 and it is quite annoying. Can someone suggest a solution?

Tj13

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
Is your car older? Mine is a 2010. Friends with newer haven’t had an issue.

neeraj.biyani

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2020
Is your car older? Mine is a 2010. Friends with newer haven’t had an issue.
No, my car is not that old. It’s a 2015 Mercedes. Bluetooth directions were working perfectly well before iOS14 update and now after the update there is a significant lag. I have started to miss quite a few turns now. It’s so frustrating. If I could, I’ll like to downgrade back to earlier version of iOS.

pstarzewski

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2020
Finally! Yes. Same problem. It happened with the iOS 14 beta, so I rolled back. Now I’ve got no choice. And my car is a 2020 Tesla, not an older car.

Tj13

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
14.2 update didn’t help.
im missing turns too

doctorOctopus

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2020
I have the same problem using iPhone 11 with a 2018 rav4 two seconds of navigation is truncated using Google maps. Apple maps I get nothing. Would CarPlay solve the problem if I got it. I am running 14.2

BethB

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2020
I am having the same problem with my 2014 RAV4 since the update. It seems to only be when I select the option to play Bluetooth as a phone call. It worked seamlessly before this update. I have unpaired, repaired, restarted, and nothing helps. Does anyone know if a fix is in the works?

Hossam.badr

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2020
I have the same issue on Lincolin 2014, we need to raise this to Apple hopefully they can fix it on the next update.

Tj13

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2012
I picked up a 12 pro, same car- google and apple still terrible delay in maps- new problem, the car will not answer the call, I have to answer on the phone then transfer to car.
deleted and re paired to car, same issue.
If I ask Siri to call it works fine, just won’t answer

doctorOctopus

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2020
I picked up a 12 pro, same car- google and apple still terrible delay in maps- new problem, the car will not answer the call, I have to answer on the phone then transfer to car.
deleted and re paired to car, same issue.
If I ask Siri to call it works fine, just won’t answer
I have a circumvention. I tune my audio system to Bluetooth and apple. And google maps work fine.
To get SiriusXM I use the app on the iPhone. The phone works fine.
I setup a Siri shortcut to change stations but it requires a selection of the web page

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.