Spokeo.com, wait till you see how much info...

ucfgrad93

macrumors P6
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Wow, just checked out my name. While there was a lot of information on me, some of it was grossly incorrect.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
They don't have any info on me, but they do on my father. The only thing they have right is his address, something anyone with a local phonebook would know.

dmr727

macrumors G3
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
It was all wrong for me. The age was off by ~25 years, my birthdate must be incorrect as the signs were wrong. The only thing close was listing my parents' house as my address, although they moved after I went off to college, so I've never actually lived there.

rhett7660

macrumors G5
Original poster
Jan 9, 2008
Sunny, Southern California
Strange. I have ran a couple people I know and the info has been pretty good all they way down to their sign and pictures of their house.

Oh well. I thought I would share. :)

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
Strange. I have ran a couple people I know and the info has been pretty good all they way down to their sign and pictures of their house.
It had my address and home telephone number. The picture of my house that it showed was presumably from Google Maps. So it wasn't anything especially alarming.

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
Darn, I searched myself then realised it's US only.

I'm so jealous! Why don't we have any creepy stalker websites on this side of the pond?!

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
It's correct on the most basic items - which are otherwise very easy to find online anyway - but off base on the other stuff.

It also tells me things about my 92 year old grandmother I never knew: Very active in sports, loves to garden, has a home worth over $1 million... wow. I see her several times a week and never had any idea! :eek:

ethical

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
It reminds me of this site actually:

Wolfram Alpha

Don't know if you guys have come across it before but it's pretty cool!

Type in your date of birth for example. Gives you all sorts of interesting info about the date - not personal info don't worry.

EDIT: Check out the examples... looks like a pretty powerful website!

Elixer

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2006
Mine isn't even close besides the address and name, which can be found in a phone book.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
The info about me is pretty much incorrect.

Yeah, I'm on there with a correct address, but that's it. Everything else that is display is wrong.