Spontaneous battery issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rye9, Aug 1, 2010.

1. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

So I've had my iPhone 4 since launch... and haven't noticed any significant battery issues for the past month. So last night, as with every night, I turn WiFi and 3G off while I sleep in order to preserve as much battery life as possible. It's been working great for well... a month.

Now, IIRC, I believe I was at 6 hours or near that of usage, and 1 day + 17 hours of standby... so 41 hours. At this point I was at 28% battery life as I went to bed.

When I woke up, I was at 9%, and my usage had jumped to 16 hours... so it was definitely "in use" all night... what would have done that?

Mail, settings, messages, phone, safari, angry birds, camera, ipod, facebook, photos, shift (a game), maps, app store, and jungle style pinball are the apps in my "dock".

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It doesn’t matter what is in your dock. It matters what you are running in the background. Check that.

3. rye9 thread starter macrumors 65816

rye9

How do I do that? And that's the thing... I didn't think anything was running in the background... nothing ever has before.. well, I mean nothing has run all night before at least to more than double my "usage".