Spontaneous magnification with Safari

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lylemo, May 31, 2013.

1. lylemo macrumors member

Mostly when I'm on Safari, there occurs a spontaneous magnification, about 1-2x/day. This can also occur on Mail and Pages. There's no particular pattern to its occurrence..it's simply a nuisance. I use a pinch gesture on the TrackPad to reduce the size. I use a rMBP, OSX 10.8.3, Magic Mouse. Any thoughts?

2. mic j macrumors 68030

Accidentally putting 2 fingers on the pad and tapping? Happens to me probably once or twice a day. I know it is me causing it with sloppy finger position. ;)

3. lylemo thread starter macrumors member

I rarely use the pad...I'm rather mouse-addicted. I do use the pad to pinch to minify the view. Only occasionally will I use it for scrolling. The problem can occur even when I'm touching nothing and simply reading the screen. Having said all this, I'll watch for "sloppy fingers". Thank you for your response.

4. tug macrumors 6502

you can turn this function off if you wish,

sys.prefs/mouse/point and click and uncheck smart zoom.

5. lylemo thread starter macrumors member

I'm aware of this function choice, but the problem isn't that. The problem can happen when I'm just reading and not touching anything. A few posters in another discussion site have experienced the same phenomena, have reported it to Apple, but haven't heard back regarding a solution. Thank you for your response.

6. flynz4 macrumors 68040

Have you verified that if you disable smart zoom... the problem still occurs?

/Jim

7. lylemo thread starter macrumors member

Yes...it still occurs after disabling smart zoom.