Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shodai80

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
Hi all,

I am doing some app testing, and need an application that can trick the phone into thinking its GPS location is somewhere else. Here is a pseudo use-cases:

User is logged in and the app detects and tells him he's in the USA. User then starts the spoofing program and changes his location to China. After 5 minutes the application will check the GPS reading, and if the country has changed, show a popup.

I have seen mention of two apps so far: Location Spoofer (which does not seem to work..does this work for anyone on their iPhone 4 using the latest release firmware?) and FakeLocation, which has no real fast way that I can see to move the GPS to another country...id have to slowly google maps my way which is not feasible given my time table. Perhaps I am wrong about the later app, but have not found a quick way to move to another country.

Thus, does anyone have any experience with any of these apps or know of something that may fill my need?

Thanks for any help!

EvanLugh

macrumors 68000
Aug 29, 2007
Developer land
i think the only ones are those that you listed. FakeLocation i have used myself before and it worked, but not in the way you'd like.

xqyty

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2011
There are also LocationHolic and location spoofer.
I think LocationHolic is more easy to use. It support ios5 notification center.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.