Sporadic battery percentages...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sixcranker, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Sixcranker macrumors member

Sixcranker

Is anyone getting sporadic battery percentages, especially after plugging in your phone after you put your phone in low battery mode? And I mean like jumping from 8% to 26% in the same minute, then another time it would jump up to 42% from like 16%, then back down to 31% within a minutes time.

I have a 128 gig iPhone 6 Plus running iOS 9.1 Public Beta 5. I will post pics here shortly.

2. Sixcranker thread starter macrumors member

Sixcranker

IMG_0018.PNG IMG_0019.PNG IMG_0020.PNG IMG_0244.PNG IMG_0245.PNG

The first 3 are on Friday the 16th as you can tell, and the last two are Saturday.

I realize it may just be my beta, but I am just curious as to if anyone else is seeing this anomaly as well.

3. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

This is very common get it all the time too. And if you restart it could jump 20-30% sometimes.

Its just the battery percentage meter recalculating. Turn off the percentage if it is bothering you.

Actually maybe you will save battery life since the phone can work less and not do that calculation(kidding on that)

4. Sixcranker thread starter macrumors member

Sixcranker

Lol....nah, it isn't bothering me. Just wanted to see if anyone else has run into this. As far as getting it all the time, I haven't seen anything since around iOS 7 personally for me. Good to know someone has seen it tho.

5. C DM macrumors Westmere

Don't think it's really common. It certainly happens to some as people have reported this, but I don't think it's all that common.

6. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

I mean common could be defined in many diff ways. But ive seen this a lot on many iphones at least 10 of them. I tried looking for this since i thought it was an issue in the past. Mostly if you pull off the charger before 100%. Most people dont look at the % except for people on these boards and Its really not an issue.

7. KiraYamato macrumors regular

KiraYamato

Had a similar thing happen to me on my three day old Iphone 6s plus. Put it on the charger at 4%, ten minutes later it would still stay at that number. Then all of a sudden it jumped to 27% and a few moments later it would be back down to 14% and then kind of 'settle' and charge 'normally'.
    Posted about it yesterday here (where were you :confused:): http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/battery-percentage-jumping-around-during-charging.1932581/

Just to confirm: battery percentage on my new iphone on charge jumping around in the first ten minutes (4% to 27% to 13% to 16% to 14% and then sorta settles and starts charging as normal) is not uncommon and not a battery problem? Because right now I am still able to swap it for a new one if it IS hardware or a sign of worse things to come.

8. Susan159 macrumors newbie

Susan159

I had a similar problem with an older phone. It could be the outlet you are using. The phone may not be getting the correct voltage or amperage to charge. Stop use of that outlet.

I just bought an IPhone 6S this week and have had no similar problem. The battery does last incredibly longer than the 5S.

9. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

10. rugmankc Contributor

rugmankc

Never had that issue for any phone I have owned over many years. I would go with the mentioned source issue or hardware. But, if it was source, wouldn't think it would happen after unlugged. I know Apple doesn't recommend it as needed, but have you ever ran it all the way down and fully recharged?

11. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

My 6s Plus has been doing the same thing on 9.1 betas, 9.1 release and 9.2. Ran the battery dead, hard reset, etc. right now it's stuck at 33%. It was stuck on 94% then suddenly dropped.

I'll probably do a fresh install at some point. Never had the percentage freeze issue on any other iPhone and I've owned them all (multiple in one year at times, so over 10 iPhones). If a fresh install doesn't work then I'll assume my battery is a dud.

12. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

13. metsjetsfan macrumors 65816

Have guys who had had issues set time to manual. That causes some of these issues. If you set to automatic it could solve it