Sporadic Wireless Connection with Mac Mini

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by amorales, Oct 20, 2008.

1. amorales macrumors newbie

I have a Mac Mini (OS X 10.4.11); internet & email worked fine when I had it hardwired to cable. I've since moved it to the other side of the house and it has problems connecting to the wireless network (linksys router). The wireless network is strong, and my laptop (PC) never has any problem connecting. The Mac, however, sometimes connects no problem and works well for a while, and then just dumps the connection and won't reconnect. I can't figure out what makes that happen. I finally get frustrated and walk away, and an hour later when I walk back it's working again. The signal strength indicator will vary from full signal strength to zero (even though my laptop never has any problem at all connecting). I live at the end of a cul-de-sac with basically no neighbors, so I don't see there being any sort of interference. I stopped by an Apple store today and the best the salesman could do was blame Comcast, my internet service provider.

Thoughts??

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Do you happen to use a cordless phone or a microwave oven when it drops your connection? Maybe look into a program called iStumbler to see what other interference is out there. Also look into your router to change wireless channels...