Sporadically crunch home button? 6S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Droidzoid, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Droidzoid Suspended

Droidzoid

I experienced this on the 5S too but at times I feel like the home button is loose and has a crunchy feeling to it. It doesn't happen all the time but about 20 % of the time and if I press it consecutively 4-5 times it goes away.

Sometimes i can just lightly touch the button and feel some sort of a layer move before the button starts moving in. And alternatively sometimes when I release the button after a press I'll feel a last motion when my finger leaves contact.

Is it just me? I recall experiencing this on the 5S and the 6 too.

2. ElysiumY2K macrumors member

ElysiumY2K

Get it replaced. I know I would.

You pay a lot of money for the phone and if it has a defect with the software/hardware you can get it replace under the warranty.

3. ARizz44 macrumors 6502

ARizz44

I have experienced this several times, with my current 6S being the latest. Each time, Apple has replaced my device. OP, just curious, do you happen to have a white faced phone with the colored ring? I am curious because I never had this happen with a space gray phone. Wondering if the ring has something to do with it. Regardless.....it is annoying.

4. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I have the exact same issue with my 6s at about the same rate. For me it feels like it is coming from the bottom left quadrant of the home button. Mine is Space Gray. I'm also having a weird audio issue that has persisted through a restore, so I guess an exchange is in order for me. Just stinks that I have a nice glass screen protector on this one.

5. that be me macrumors 6502

You can power down the device and use a single drop of rubbing alcohol. Press the button a few times, then let dry for a few minutes. Power on and your home button should be good to go.

6. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

I'm having the same issue. Going back home soon where there's an Apple Store, so I'm just making an appointment for that weekend.

7. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

Yep, this works a treat. Used to happen on my iPhone 6+ a lot. 1 drop of 100% alcohol in the button and a few presses fixed the issue.

8. rrm74001 macrumors regular

rrm74001

Yep, same thing with my 6. I think it has mostly gone away in the last 3 months (I bought it on launch day). I'm not worried about it.

9. Dextux macrumors member

Same issue here on 6s+. I had the same issue on my 5s and remembering it went away in a couple weeks. Something this trivial is not worth exchanging a phone for.

10. Droidzoid thread starter Suspended

Droidzoid

11. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

I have An older iPad with a bad home button (was good till a couple of months ago). Now I have to press real hard to get it to work and it doesn't click like it used to. I wonder if that alcohol trick would work?

12. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

That's odd. Why?

13. Farsider macrumors 6502

Farsider

Sometimes home buttons get stuck or stop working due to oil and grease from fingers getting in and building up the behind the button.

Pure Alcohol dissolves this build up without harming the electronics. It's very well documented - have a search on YouTube.

14. Qbnkelt macrumors 65816

Qbnkelt

Thank you! I didn't know this. Appreciate it.

15. Mandeep148 macrumors member

i have same issue, its bit like crack sound or just like samsung buttons same issue, like loose buttons,
    i replaced 5 handset iphone 6s,
    because of dust particles issue, 5th one i got is worser than all,
    have speaker crack sound, loose home button, getting dust under sreen and under glass day by day..
    is that premium phone, no tell me is that? im serous im asking because i dont know..

16. Rocko9999 macrumors regular

Rocko9999

All of my 5s, 6, 6s Plus have had this at some point. I get it replaced when I get around to is, but chances are the new one will have it or some other flaw.